c++ using 2.95.2 and -ansi switch

Hi,
In our c++ code, some folks use the "not", "and" keywords instead of "!" and
"&&".  However, the only way to get these defined is to use the -ansi
switch.  However, when I use the -ansi switch, other things don't compile.
For example, CLK_TCK is defined in /usr/include/limits.h but this is not
defined when the gnu compiler gets its system specific verions of limits.h
(I guess created there during installation).

Is there any way around this?  tia.

cheers,
roy

Roy Kuraisa
Rosetta Inpharmatics, Inc. / Informatics
12040 115th Ave NE / Kirkland, WA 98034
425.636.6398

This e-mail message is the property of Rosetta Inpharmatics
and may contain information that is confidential and/or
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying, or communication of the contents of this
message is prohibited.  If this message was received in error,
please forward a copy to mail_admin@rii.com and delete the
message and any attachments from your computer.  Thank you.