This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: register variables
- To: "zhang tao" <warmice at sina dot com>
- Subject: Re: register variables
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:01:09 +1000
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <001c01c0e45c$17f91d60$5e03873d@zhangtao>
On 24-May-2001, zhang tao <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> How can I tell GCC which registers in my architecture are reserved for
> register variables in the machine description file of it?
The FIXED_REGISTERS macro (which is documented in the manual) defines
registers that are reserved for other purposes. I think any registers
which are not fixed are assumed to be available for use as register
Fergus Henderson <email@example.com> | "I have always known that the pursuit
| of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.