This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Which automake for libjava?
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Which automake for libjava?
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:43:35 +1200
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010523212308.Z1792@stanford.edu>
Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Which !@#$ version of automake am I supposed to be using with libjava?
> 1.4-p1 barfs hundreds of complaints of the form
> automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `$(srcdir)/$(CONVERT_DIR)/JIS0212.h' is in subdirectory
There is a "GCJ automake" which I've used to rebuild the libjava and libffi Makefiles.
But its probibly easier and works just as well to apply this patch to 1.4-p1:
--- /home/bryce/download/automake-1.4-p1/automake Wed May 23 17:07:01 2001
+++ /usr/local/bin/automake Thu May 24 17:35:16 2001
@@ -1078,17 +1078,6 @@
# Skip things that look like configure substitutions.
next if /^\@.*\@$/;
- # We don't support source files in a subdirectory. The
- # reason is that we'd want to put the .o into a similar
- # subdirectory, but this means finding a good way to make
- # the directory. Later.
- if (/\//)
- ("not supported: source file `$_' is in subdirectory");
# Split file name into base and extension.
local ($base, $extension, $linker, $object);
next if ! /^(.*)\.(.*)$/;
> My patience with automake is very very limited. If this keeps up I
> *will* rip it out entirely.
[ bryce ]