This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mahh braainn huhts! (libstdc++-v3 vs Darwin)
- To: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Subject: Re: Mahh braainn huhts! (libstdc++-v3 vs Darwin)
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:05:25 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105222338.f4MNcAh90291@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
Loren James Rittle wrote:
> In article <3B0AE2CC.37FE6F39@apple.com> you write:
> > Mainline libstdc++-v3 fails to build on Darwin because of a missing
> > definition for _BSD_WCHAR_T_. After chasing tangled ifdefs for awhile,
> > we came up with the following patch to ginclude/stddef.h that allows
> > compilation to continue:
> Hi Stan,
> Ugh! I fought this file a few years ago. Are you attempting to find
> a solution before or after 3.0 ships?
There's no Darwin native in 3.0, so it can wait until after the release.
> If you can wait until after
> 3.0, then I can commit to help you get this right for Darwin in a way
> that doesn't break every port (I learned more than I ever wanted to
> know about BSD source trees back when Jeff Law correctly rejected
> patch after patch that I submitted for those awful ginclude/std*.h
> files ;-).