This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Alpha GNU/Linux
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Alpha GNU/Linux
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:56:33 -0500 (CDT)
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
- References: <20010522224336M.email@example.com>
>> Should that be changed to
>> You must install binutils 2.10 (or newer) to build GCC.
> Yeah. I have zero interest in conditionalizing the dwarf2 support.
I do agree with your position. But I want to make sure we inform the
Alpha user population of the best information we know.
This might be a local port issue (i.e. I don't know if it affects
Alpha GNU/Linux as well nor can I test it myself at the moment) which
I just learned of today, thus I haven't reported it yet, but:
I found that GNU ld version 2.10.1 and/or GNU assembler version 2.10.1
as shipped with FreeBSD  doesn't work with g++ (prerelease) 3.0
very well (all dejagnu-built executables core dump). However,
binutils 2.11.90 built at or around 2001-03-27 does work fine with the
exception of the outstanding EH issues on alpha (which may have been
fixed at the time of this writing).
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab
Networks and Infrastructure Research Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
firstname.lastname@example.org, KeyID: 2048/ADCE34A5, FDC0292446937F2A240BC07D42763672