Re: Builtins in `std'

>>>>> "benjamin" == benjamin kosnik <bkoz@nabi.net> writes:

    benjamin> What regressions (other than your examples) are you
    benjamin> talking about?  There's been a bunch of work on this,
    benjamin> and I'm of the mind that gcc-3 is in much better shape
    benjamin> than gcc-2.95.x.

I don't think that there are problems in the library, except for the
known issues with the c_shadow bits.

The regressions are all in terms of little programs that try to use
these functions and get all kinds of mysterious errors, non-errors,
and other extreme user confusions.

    benjamin> __builtins don't exist for everything, and are
    benjamin> target/platform dependent. See the math headers, which
    benjamin> attempt to deal with the possibilities correctly. (And
    benjamin> do a decent job, IMHO)

Thanks for the hints and pointers.  I'll definitely look at as much as
I can find (and hopefully add some new documentation).

Thanks,