This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Comments with -fpreprocessed
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Comments with -fpreprocessed
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:46:07 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Today I realised that your patch of a couple of weeks ago to disallow
comments with -fpreprocessed means it is impossible to feed a file
into CPP that has been preprocessed with -C. I don't think this is a
good idea (and was probably the reason I'd not done that originally).
Since what your patch was addressing is not really a problem (CPP
doesn't output comments, except with -C), and if users are editing
preprocessed files in such a way to change the syntax they have larger
problems than inadvertent comments, I think we should revert that
Do you agree?