This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PATCH for Re: contrib/gcc_update
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: PATCH for Re: contrib/gcc_update
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:15:14 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
On Mon, 7 May 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I think we should make -d a default option in gcc_update and will make
> that change in a few days.
> Those that don't really need/want the entire gcc CVS module can easily
> change the script (and probably don't use it anyway), while this change
> will make the default case work more as expected by regular "users".
Especially given that this has bitten a few more of us recently (Mark,
David,...) I have now installed the following patch on mainline:
2001-05-23 Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com>
* gcc_update (UPDATE_OPTIONS): Add -d to the default settings.
Mark, I have not installed this on the branch, under the assumption that
we won't add new directories there and thus avoid this issue altogether.
Please let me know if you prefer otherwise.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/egcs/contrib/gcc_update,v
retrieving revision 1.25
diff -u -3 -p -r1.25 gcc_update
--- gcc_update 2001/05/18 07:44:34 1.25
+++ gcc_update 2001/05/23 12:02:47
@@ -38,10 +38,13 @@
# Default options used when updating via CVS.
-# Add -d to create any directories that exist in the repository but not
-# Add -A to reset any sticky tags, dates, or `-k' options.
+# Use -P to prune empty directories.
+# Use -d to create any directories that exist in the repository but not
+# Use -A to reset any sticky tags, dates, or `-k' options.
+######## Anything below shouldn't be changed by regular users.
# Arrange for the value of $0 to be available for functions