This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Builtins in `std'
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Builtins in `std'
- From: Jason Merrill <jason_merrill at redhat dot com>
- Date: 23 May 2001 11:27:15 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at nabi dot net>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- References: <20010522200302Y.email@example.com>
I agree that the current builtin handling is unfortunate. But I'm not sure
that moving it into the library is the right path, as it creates yet
another version lock between library and compiler.
I like Joseph's idea; I think it would make sense to generalize
nothrow_libfn_p to handle attributes other than nothrow-ness.