This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adding files for Ada
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Adding files for Ada
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:20:55 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Hopefully someone involved with moving libobjc etc. out to toplevel in
> EGCS a few years ago can explain the issues and the advantages of having
> libraries at toplevel; I don't remember them.
> They would be very different for Ada because (1) the library is the
> bulk of the files and (2) the compiler is partly in Ada, so it needs
> the library to build.
This sounds like it might be easier to do cleanly once bootstrapping has
moved out to toplevel.
Does GNAT do a three stage bootstrap and compare of itself?
Joseph S. Myers