This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adding files for Ada
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: Adding files for Ada
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Wed, 23 May 01 06:01:07 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Hopefully someone involved with moving libobjc etc. out to toplevel in
EGCS a few years ago can explain the issues and the advantages of having
libraries at toplevel; I don't remember them.
They would be very different for Ada because (1) the library is the
bulk of the files and (2) the compiler is partly in Ada, so it needs
the library to build.
A single "make bootstrap" (or, better, a single "make") should suffice
to build all of GCC - including Ada libraries and tools when they are
There's one additional line needed now (for the library build), but
somebody who's more familiar than I can presumable deal with this in
the Makefile that lives above the GCC directory.