This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unwanted error for long charconsts?
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Unwanted error for long charconsts?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:39:16 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Neil Booth wrote:
> In view of the wording of the standard, this seems wrong to me, and
> we should downgrade the error to a warning.
Yes. We should define and document what the value is in such cases, and
warn if -Wmultichar.
Joseph S. Myers