This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: documentation of trees vs RTL
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Subject: Re: documentation of trees vs RTL
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:19:10 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> So, I think it would be good to have better documentation of GCC's overall
> design in (the implementors' section of) the manual. Last time I looked,
> there was a chapter titled "RTL", but very little mention of the tree
> data structure.
The overall design is somewhat documented in the chapter on passes and
files of the compiler (which Daniel Berlin is updating).
The GNU COBOL compiler's manual includes a chapter on writing a compiler
front end, which needs to be updated, moved into the main GCC tree and
merged with the existing c-tree.texi documentation.
Joseph S. Myers