Documentation Help Request (was: GCC 3.0 Status Report)

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Please work on documentation for the release.  Are there caveats, news
> items, etc. that people should no about?  Are there undocumented
> command-line options for your target?  Are there people who should be
> thanked for their contributions?

Plus, please have a look at our old installation documentation at
gcc/install.texi and

 o remove obsolete parts; and
 o move relevant parts from there to the new gcc/doc/install.texi.

I simply don't have to knowledge (and also not the time) to do all
that by myself, but I promise to take care of approving/installing
all such patches "immediately".

IF YOU ARE A MAINTAINER of some part/port of the compiler, just go ahead
and make all changes you consider useful. Please update both mainline and
branch.

> Please collect such information and send it to our documentation
> mainatiner: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>.  (Gerald, if
> you would like to handle the collection of this information in a
> different way, please feel free to make an alternate announcement.)

Yep. Please send all patches to gcc-patches, possibly with a Cc: to me.

And, of course, feel free to contact me directly if you have any
questions.

Gerald