This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libjava build failure on branch for sparc-sun-solaris2.7
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: libjava build failure on branch for sparc-sun-solaris2.7
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:18:07 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105222225.PAA16403@toledo.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> java::net::PlainSocketImpl::bind(java::net::InetAddress*, int)./.libs/libgcj.so
I saw this too. It turns out that Solaris <sys/socket.h> does:
#define bind __xnet_bind
however only when _XOPEN_SOURCE is defined. That changed with this
2001-05-15 Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
* config/sparc/sol2.h (CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC): Define.
I tried undef'ing bind etc. in my libjava tree. Although that worked
for my build, it feels like a dirty hack to me.
What's the right way to keep the preprocessor from interfering with java