Re: documentation of trees vs RTL

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> So, I think it would be good to have better documentation of GCC's overall
> design in (the implementors' section of) the manual.  Last time I looked,
> there was a chapter titled "RTL", but very little mention of the tree
> data structure.

Maybe we could incorporate http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/c-tree.html
into the manual? It has helped me a lot with the tree
optimization stuff that I'm currently doing.

I don't mean just slap the thing together with the manual, of
course. It could be made into its own section and have a couple
of new sections to provide the glue between the two ILs.

Diego.