This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: documentation of trees vs RTL
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Subject: Re: documentation of trees vs RTL
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:10:57 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <20010523115516.A29392@hg.cs.mu.oz.au>
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> So, I think it would be good to have better documentation of GCC's overall
> design in (the implementors' section of) the manual. Last time I looked,
> there was a chapter titled "RTL", but very little mention of the tree
> data structure.
Maybe we could incorporate http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/c-tree.html
into the manual? It has helped me a lot with the tree
optimization stuff that I'm currently doing.
I don't mean just slap the thing together with the manual, of
course. It could be made into its own section and have a couple
of new sections to provide the glue between the two ILs.