This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compatibility Clarification
- To: ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE
- Subject: Re: compatibility Clarification
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:47:23 -0700
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, madhu dot srinivasan at oracle dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <yddititfvbr.fsf@xayide.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Who is the Tru64 maintainer? Or is there one?
I don't think the autoconf test is worth it here. I *would* just
hard-code the OS numbers for which the -oldas flag is needed. Also,
if we cannot build on V5.0a because of this issue, then we should have
documentation in the installation document for that.
It is certainly bogus to have an explicit declaration of `strlen' like
that in libobjc. This patch is OK. Do you have write privileges so
that you can apply this one?
Please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. I am sorry that you
haven't gotten a reply yet. Please indicate that this is a regression
from GCC 2.95 as you mention.
This is OK.
Revise the patch as you suggest and repost it, copying Alexandre Oliva
<email@example.com>. Alexandre can approve configuration patches.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com