Re: compatibility Clarification

Rainer --

Who is the Tru64 maintainer?  Or is there one?

I don't think the autoconf test is worth it here.  I *would* just
hard-code the OS numbers for which the -oldas flag is needed.  Also,
if we cannot build on V5.0a because of this issue, then we should have
documentation in the installation document for that.

It is certainly bogus to have an explicit declaration of `strlen' like
that in libobjc.  This patch is OK.  Do you have write privileges so
that you can apply this one?

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-03/msg00281.html

Please send mail to libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org.  I am sorry that you
haven't gotten a reply yet.  Please indicate that this is a regression
from GCC 2.95 as you mention.

This is OK.

Revise the patch as you suggest and repost it, copying Alexandre Oliva
<aoliva@redhat.com>.  Alexandre can approve configuration patches.