This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: memory to memory optimization
- To: <reedkotler at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: memory to memory optimization
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 22 May 2001 10:10:00 -0400
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <OE76NTnhrpJoA1aujbU00002246@hotmail.com>
: i need to do some optimization in gcc for a machine that has memory
: to memory instructions these are faster than loading to a register
: and then storing.
What an unusual architecture.
: is such an optimization already in any of the ports that anyone is
: aware of.
If any, little. A few people I know have pondered the matter, and it
seems like a tremendous amount of work to do it right. Good luck!