This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++/java relocation errors on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 (Re: More info on Java coredump on sparc Solaris)
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: Re: c++/java relocation errors on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 (Re: More info on Java coredump on sparc Solaris)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:58:07 -0700
- Cc: martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010521171500.A9125@redhat.com> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:01:43PM -0400, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> OK, then. What should one do? Fix binutils, or force alignment somehow
> (keeping in mind this is for 3.0)?
You can't force alignment. That breaks the format. The only
solution is to fix binutils.
It's not like this is a new requirement -- dwarf2 has _always_
been this way.