This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++/java relocation errors on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 (Re: Moreinfo on Java coredump on sparc Solaris)
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: c++/java relocation errors on sparc-sun-solaris2.7 (Re: Moreinfo on Java coredump on sparc Solaris)
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:48:47 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:53:59AM +0100, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> > ld.so.1: ./hello: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file
> > /opt/gcc/lib/libgcj.
> > so.2: symbol __gxx_personality_v0: offset 0xff2e2319 is non-aligned
> What assembler is being used? It should have produced R_SPARC_UA32.
GNU as. The native assembler indeed generates R_SPARC_UA32, but GNU does
not (or at least did not... I'm building a new snapshot now).
Is there a good reason these words aren't aligned anyhow?