This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 126.96.36.199 and STL
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: 188.8.131.52 and STL
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:07:48 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: "MALETA,MAREK (A-Germany,ex1)" <marek_maleta at agilent dot com>, "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Joe Buck wrote:
>>> Does gcc 184.108.40.206 support STL ?
>> Yes, it supported an old version which you had to install using an extra
>> package libstdc++ (or was it still part of libg++ back then)?
> That is incorrect.
> No, libstdc++ 2.7.2.x did not contain the STL in any form. There was a
> port of the SGI STL that worked with gcc 2.7.2.x, sort of (STLport).
Well, I mentioned that I was not sure whether it was libstdc++ or libg++,
but now I have been able to check: It was libg++ 2.7.x that did contain
STL -- in a subdir called libstdc++.
So, Marek, you'd need to get libg++ 2.7.x, if upgrading to GCC 2.95.x is
not an option for you.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/