This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: current_funcdef_number vs. except.c
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: current_funcdef_number vs. except.c
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:15:01 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010521104524J.email@example.com>
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:45:24AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Unfortunately, current_funcdef_number is only defined in dwarf2out.c,
> and that entire file is conditionally compiled on:
> #if defined (DWARF2_DEBUGGING_INFO) || defined (DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO)
> So, if you are (say) HPUX11 and don't use DWARF2 at all, you get an
> undefined reference to this variable.
Hmm. Ideally we'd just put this number in struct function
and be done with it.
Short term, either we can move the definition to except.c, or
move it in dwarf2out.c such that it's outside the ifdefs. I
guess I don't care which. Preferences?