Re: Status of PINE compilation on Solaris bug?

    Joe> If a regression test is created for this failure, then, if it
    Joe> is not fixed in the trunk, it will show up as a regression
    Joe> against 3.0 when we go to ship 3.1.  If that's none, it
    Joe> should be safe to close the GNATS report.

I think you're suggesting an extension to our normal policy.
Normally, we check in test-cases with fixes.  In this case, the
problem was already fixed.  Traditionally, we've assumed that this
meant there was likely already a test-case for whatever the problem
was.

Do you think that we should add a test-case even for a bug that is
already fixed when we go to look at it?