This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building Gcc for Darwin OS on PowerPC computers
- To: Philippe TEISSIER <teissiep at clio dot unice dot fr>
- Subject: Re: Building Gcc for Darwin OS on PowerPC computers
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:12:52 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B08F88B.DF794494@echo.unice.fr>
Philippe TEISSIER wrote:
> I'm running MacOS X with the Darwin Kernel and I would like to know if
> it's possible to build & install GCC on these configurations .
Yes, *but* an Apple-extended version of GCC 2.95.2 is the standard
compiler for OS X / Darwin already, and 99% of OS X developers should
use that one (it's called "cc").
If you're in that 1% who has a specific need for a GCC feature not
in 2.95.2, you can try checking out the latest FSF CVS sources and
building it using the standard configure/make sequence, but keep in
mind that some days it will work and some days not (today is one of
the "not" days apparently, sigh). You will also need an assembler
patch; if you really want to use pre-release GCC sources, send me mail
and I'll fill you in on more details.