This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: configure option for THUMB?
- To: Marco <marco dot marcello at tin dot it>
- Subject: Re: configure option for THUMB?
- From: Philip Blundell <philb at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 12:33:13 +0100
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B07A86B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>hello, I need to install a cross compiler to target the thumb code of
>the ARM processor.
>trying CONFIGURE --target=thumb-aout and CONFIGURE --target=thumb-elf
>I get the message that these configurations are not supported. Is there
>any option I have to use or is thumb code actually not supported?
What version of the compiler are you using?
2.95.x supports "thumb-coff" as a target. I don't think anybody has done the
work to support "thumb-aout" or "thumb-elf".
For GCC 3.0 you need to configure for "arm-elf" and use the -mthumb option
when compiling your program.