Re: PR 2765

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I clipped the wrong ChangeLog hunk.  It was this bit:
>
>       else if (require_constant
> 	       && initializer_constant_valid_p (inside_init, TREE_TYPE (inside_init)) == 0)
> 	pedwarn ("initializer element is not computable at load time");
>
> That used to be an error.

I think Jakub had best work out how to fix the problem.  I think I
understand why this is no longer an error - because non-constant aggregate
initializers of automatic storage duration are allowed in C99, but for C89
with -pedantic they wrongly got a hard error instead of just a warning.
However, I presume Jakub knows what he was doing here (cf
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-12/msg00439.html).  I don't
properly understand the relevant code; for example, where does the
constructor_constant parameter of digest_init get used apart from as the
same parameter in a nested call to digest_init?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk