Re: How hard would it be to BORG the fixproto stuff?

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Two problems:
>
> 1) there are C compilers that won't accept strings longer than 511
> bytes.

That is just a horrific nuisance, not a show stopper:

  main(...)
  {
  #ifdef BRAINLESS_LAMO_CC
     init_static_strings();
  #else /* compile the static strings */
  #endif
  }

You just hafta know that you hafta do that.  Holy ick!

> 2) there are OSs with limits on command line lengths, and both system
> and popen essentially run /bin/sh -c "The command".

No problem there.  I already have "server shell" code.
I'll just run execv( "/bin/sh", { "/bin/sh", NULL } );
and write my text to it.  The interesting problem is DOS.
For that, you write the text to a temp file.

> Yes, this is an issue for the executable branch of libtool too :-)

Holy ick.