Re: RFA: Examine PR2758

Thanks for following up!

    Falk> I have an alphaev56-unknown-linux. The code segfaults with
    Falk> 3.0 20010426 (Debian prerelease). Today's CVS gives a
    Falk> bootstrap comparison failure, so I couldn't try. I'll also
    Falk> try the 3.0 branch.

Please do; that matters more at the moment.

    Falk> I have stripped the code down a bit, because I suspected a
    Falk> bug in the code, but I couldn't find one. I've attached the
    Falk> stripped version.  Interestingly, for the stripped version,
    Falk> adding -finline-functions doesn't help anymore.

Thank you.

There's an important bug in this area that Nathan Sidwell has assigned
to himself (with the note "working on a patch") -- I'm hoping that
Nathan's fix will fix this bug too.

If not, someone is going to have to give me an account on an alpha
box.

Thanks again for your help,