This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 2765
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: PR 2765
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 23:20:45 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 18 May 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> This patch:
> 2001-01-12 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> * c-typeck.c (store_init_value): Don't require constant initializer
> elements with -pedantic -std=c99.
> which was part of your larger designated initializer patch is
> responsible for the breakage in PR2765.
Could you post the exact diffs you are referring to (the reversion of
which fixes that problem)? This changelog entry AFAICT refers to only one
small part of those between revisions 1.108 and 1.109 of c-typeck.c, the
@@ -4410,7 +4414,7 @@ store_init_value (decl, init)
/* Digest the specified initializer into an expression. */
value = digest_init (type, init, TREE_STATIC (decl),
- TREE_STATIC (decl) || pedantic);
+ TREE_STATIC (decl) || (pedantic && !flag_isoc99));
/* Store the expression if valid; else report error. */
Are you saying that reversion of this hunk fixes PR 2765?
Joseph S. Myers