This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
More Athlon Questions
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: More Athlon Questions
- From: "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb at aracnet dot com>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:19:03 -0700
1. Does any version of GCC recognize the Athlon processor and make any
attempt to optimize code for it?
2. Can a GCC user code for the Athlon, or indeed any architecture, in
3. A few weeks ago, I saw an Athlon - GCC project somewhere on the web, but
it seemed to have withered away over a year ago for lack of volunteers. Do
you know if this is the case? I unfortunately don't have much time to do
anything other than testing, but so far, of all the software I've
downloaded, only ATLAS seems to recognize the fact that I have an Athlon and
me Athlon-based optimizations.
4. The "/usr/src/redhat/RPMS" directory contains an "athlon" sub-directory
for binary RPMs. Do you know if this is "reserved for future use", or is
there actually a way I can get the existing RPM and associated mechanisms to
make me an Athlon-specific binary RPM? IIRC "man -k Athlon" returns zip. I'm
going to post this question as a Red Hat support ticket while I still have
my 60 days of support from my 7.1 Deluxe Workstation purchase.
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Chief Scientist, Borasky Research
If there's nothing to astrology, how come so many famous men were born on