This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Volunteering for GCC 3.0 testing
- To: "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb at aracnet dot com>
- Subject: Re: Volunteering for GCC 3.0 testing
- From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at mediaone dot net>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 01:32:50 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <HBEHIIBBKKNOBLMPKCBBKEKDDFAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 06:22:31PM -0700, M. Edward Borasky wrote:
> best way to get a GCC 3.0 to test with? Should I just download 2.97 and test
> with that?
(1) Make sure you have dejagnu installed. If you are running RH 7.1, you
can get it from the Powertools CD, or from:
(2) Go to:
Download the latest SRC RPM. Do *NOT* download any binary
RPM, since they are compiled on RH 6.2, and there is a slight
incompatibility between the libc in RH 6.2 and RH 7.1.
(3) rpm --rebuild gcc-snapshot-whatever.src.rpm
(4) The binary rpm files will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
I usually install gcc-snapshot and gcc-snapshot-c++