This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Subject: PR 2765
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:57:27 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
2001-01-12 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* c-typeck.c (store_init_value): Don't require constant initializer
elements with -pedantic -std=c99.
which was part of your larger designated initializer patch is
responsible for the breakage in PR2765.
I don't understand what the code there is doing, or why you made your
change. No comments in the code.
But, if C99 doesn't require a constant initializer here, then it seems
we shouldn't be passing in `require_constant'. If we are passing in
require_constant, then issuing an error makes sense to me.
I am planning on reverting this part of your patch, since that will at
worst break new C99 support that we did not have in GCC 2.95.2. If
you would like to avoid that :-), please suggest an alternative.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com