Re: Defining __powerpc__ in rs6000.h

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 04:32:40PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> 	The AIX compilers do not introduce any macro definitions like
> __powerpc__ into the namespace, so GCC should not polute the namespace on
> AIX.

Ummm, since the names with two leading underscores are already in the domain of
reserved to the compiler, library, etc. vendor, I would hesitate to use the
phrase "pollute the namespace", since they do not pollute the user's namespace.
Whether or not such names should be used is a different question.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304