Re: commitinfo script to check policy, issue warnings (and/or abortcommit)

In article <Pine.BSF.4.33.0105161536200.33725-100000@taygeta.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>,
Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

>> 2. Run: cvs import /cvs/gcc SUBVERSION LIBTOOL_RELEASE_NUMBER
>> within the directory populated in step 1.

> Well, as far as I understood, we don't want to absolutely enforce this
> rule, but strongly recommend it, so it would make sense to add such a
> note to codingconventions.html anyway, wouldn't it? Alexandre?

OK, my current understanding is that the idea of using `cvs import' in
the gcc tree has not gone over too well.

> (If Alexandre agrees, I'd say just go ahead and change the web page
> according to your proposal. Thanks!)

Given the feedback, I'm inclined to nix the use of `cvs import'.
Instead, strongly suggest that any change (related to libtool) which
is being checked in must have come from the libtool source base and
that a violation should be corrected ASAP by submitting to the libtool
source base.

I really want to put this thing to bed..

Regards,
Loren