This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: commitinfo script to check policy, issue warnings (and/or abortcommit)
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: commitinfo script to check policy, issue warnings (and/or abortcommit)
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 13:45:52 -0500 (CDT)
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
In article <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>,
Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Yes, that sounds like an excellent compromise (to start with).
Oops, it would be a good compromise but it breaks the client/server
model exposed by CVS. Can't do it (easily or at all) unless X11
connection was permitted by the client - I can't see opening that can
for something that was suppose to just check policy.
> And, that notification email to email@example.com should be sent
> whenever a commit does happen.
OK, the script handles this but I will change the message to make more
sense in light of final requirements.