This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: "H. Rane" <hrsre at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC
- From: Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at ITS dot TUDelft dot NL>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:05:11 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:55:05AM -0700, H. Rane wrote:
> is the gcc capable of generating code for
> multiprocessor computers, f.e. smp code ?
> If not, is there any commercial linux c++ compiler
> capable to do so ?
There is no such thing as a C or C++ compiler for generating
multiprocessor code. You have to do the multiprocessing yourself, C or
C++ compilers won't do that for you. Things like POSIX threads will
help, but *you* still have to separate the program into threads.
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl