Re: GCC 3.0 Status - Fortran.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toon Moene" <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 12:26 PM
Subject: GCC 3.0 Status - Fortran.

> Lectoribus Salutem,
> The items marked "change-request" will be tackled when I have managed
> secure support contracts from one of the larger Fortran using
> conglomerates in the world.  Recently, I learnt that Boeing installed
an
> MSC cluster running NASTRAN for doing large scale Computational Fluid
> Dynamics calculations.
MSC does support the best known version of NASTRAN, but with Intel
Fortran on the relevant architectures, according to what I heard.  They
have worked also on linux clusters for CFD, which are likely to be
configured differently from those for NASTRAN, which is primarily a
stress analysis system.  Linux clusters of up to 32 processor pairs
running MPI for CFD are fairly common and aren't even in the price class
of many web server installations.
 Another obvious candidate is the Centre Europeen

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html