Re: Libjava craziness

    Alexandre> It certainly will, if you got the same failure in max
    Alexandre> cmd line lenght detection.  It detected a maximum
    Alexandre> command line of 37 bytes.

Apparently it is a heisenbug.

This time it said:

  finding the maximum length of command line arguments... 73729

And, as you predicted, all went OK from there.

How annoying.  I don't see any obvious race conditions in the code, or
anything.  I guess this is most likely some kind of odd shell bug, or
odd kernel bug, or else the cosmic rays got me *just right*.

I'm sorry for the fuss.  I didn't make it up, but without a way to
reproduce it, I'm not sure what to do.  If we get the improvement you
and I agreed on, that will at least lessen the impact.

Thanks,