This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Finding out what calls who...
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Finding out what calls who...
- From: "John Carter" <john dot carter at tait dot co dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:15:46 +1200 (NZST)
I'm creating a tool that makes a graph of which class calls which class.
Currently I'm getting the raw data by grepping through the assembler
output of gcc for .globl's and call's and feeding them through c++filt and
then massaging the result with perl.
This unfortunately this misses two important items....
1) virtual calls which appear in the assembler as something like
2) Accesses to the public fields of other classes.
I suspect there is nothing I can do about 2), but perhaps there is
something I can do about 1).
John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : email@example.com
Time machine feature - A feature that is best implemented by climbing
into a time machine with an AK-47 and taking out the swine who