This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC and Solaris 8
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: GCC and Solaris 8
- From: Paul Dubuc <pdubuc at cas dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:19:00 -0400
- Organization: Chemical Abstracts Service
I am working on a project that we would like to move from Sun's Forte
C/C++ compilers to gcc/g++. We are also migrating to Solaris 8
(SPARC). I've heard that the current version 2.95.3 does not generate
64-bit code correctly. This problem isn't mentioned on your web page
(http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-sun-solaris2.8), though I
see it is mentioned for HP-UX 11.0).
Is it true that there are problems in this area and, if so, will they be
fixed in 3.0 or a later release?
Paul M. Dubuc firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 4349B 614-447-3600 x2692