From: Elva Wang
To: gcc_bugs@gcc.gnu.org ; bug_gcc@gnu.org ; gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 3:23 AM
Subject: How to make the address of varients are assigned immediately in
the memory?

Hi,gcc groups:
    what configurations or options can make the compiler assigned
sequential memory for short and long type data defined immediatly.
    For instance, I defined a structure {short,long ,short,short},if I
only use gcc to compile the c file.
the memory size of the struture is 12 bytes, not 10 bytes. This means
the memory block is not full occupied. How can I make it full occupied.

Best Regards!
Elva Wang