This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Subject: Re: PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:06:44 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
Geoff> Yes. Specifically, it's the code sequence fsel/fneg/fsel that gets
Geoff> emitted for a comparison; GCC is emitting it wrongly.
If it was right, there wouldn't be a bug :^).
The fsel code should be selecting between operands of the same
mode, though the test can be of a different mode. The code is from the
PowerPC Processor Book appendix. The bug most likely is some requirement
about the operands that is not being met. I'll trace down the