This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 16 May 2001 19:36:50 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105170225.WAA20400@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The difference is the use of the PowerPC Floating-Point Select
> instruction in combination with float/double.
Yes. Specifically, it's the code sequence fsel/fneg/fsel that gets
emitted for a comparison; GCC is emitting it wrongly.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>