This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: PowerPC Floating Point compare bug?
- From: Becky Gill <bgill at ibmoto dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:06:11 -0500
- Organization: Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector
I noticed today that the following code:
static float f1 = 1.10000E+000;
static double d2;
static int a;
d2 = (f1 == 2);
if (d2 != 0.0)
printf ("FAIL == %f\n", d2);
fails under the gcc 2.95.3 20010315 release (and on the gcc version 3.0
20010220 prerelease) whenever the -mcpu=750 option is specified, passing
whenever no cpu option is given.
Can someone take a look at this? My entire compile line is included below.
gcc -funroll-loops -funroll-all-loops -O3 -fno-inline-functions
-fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=750 -o test test.c
Becky L. Gill
PowerPC Core Design Technologies/Architecture & Performance
Motorola SPS, Austin (512) 996-4949