This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: commitinfo script to check policy, issue warnings (and/or abortcommit)
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: commitinfo script to check policy, issue warnings (and/or abortcommit)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:30:57 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: <rittle at rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>, <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Gerald, would you look this over, and install it if it looks OK to
Yes, I'll take care of it -- with the help of Alexandre and whoever
else wants to help.
On 16 May 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> for i in `basename $1`; do case $i in
> basename is not portable. I suggest `echo "$1" | sed 's,.*/,,'' instead.
Given that this script is only supposed to run on the CVS server with
the GCC master tree, is this a concern? All modern systems I am aware
of have basename.
> I heard Hans wanted the GCC CVS tree to become the official repository
> of boehm-gc. I'm not sure this is already official.
There are some final details that are being checked, so it's not official,
but there is a good chance it will become "soon".
> I don't think we should prevent commits, but if check-ins can be
> aborted at this time with ^C, I suggest telling the user so and giving
> him/her like 30 seconds to decide whether to break the convention or
Yes, that sounds like an excellent compromise (to start with). And, that
notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org should be sent whenever a commit
Loren, could you please make these minor changes and send a new version?
I'll then take care of the rest -- praying that I won't block commits to
the entire tree! :-O
Thanks for following this path and helping us to address this issue that
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/