This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libtool: link order problem affecting gij
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: Re: libtool: link order problem affecting gij
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:37:40 +1200
- CC: java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Jeff Sturm wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2001, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> > libtool inserting lib flags ("-lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s") into the gcj link
> > command line _before_ other lib flags which we are passing to it. This
> > means that libc is being linked before libpthread, which is bad:
> Yeah. This has been happening for a little while:
> Does Zack's patch help?
> By eliminating libsupc++ from the build, its side effects (linking with
> explicit -lc) should go away.
Zack's patch does indeed fix this problem and I notice that he has checked
it in. Thanks Zack!
[ bryce ]