Re: autoconf and automake versions for gcc

Per> The last built version was checked in my Tom January 22 - which
Per> version of automake did you use?

I'm afraid I'm in the rather bad habit of using the devo automake.  It
is 1.4 with a few tweaks, some of which can sometimes have a dramatic
effect on how the output looks (but not its actual content, as I
recall -- mostly the differences are in line breaks).

For libgcj we generally use this hacked version:

    ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/java/automake-gcj-1.4.tar.gz

I agree it is a bad situation.  I'm working (somewhat) steadily on
1.5, in the hopes that it (or some proximate descendent) can be used
(nearly) universally.

Tom