This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: autoconf and automake versions for gcc
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Subject: Re: autoconf and automake versions for gcc
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 15 May 2001 23:28:24 -0600
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Per" == Per Bothner <email@example.com> writes:
Per> The last built version was checked in my Tom January 22 - which
Per> version of automake did you use?
I'm afraid I'm in the rather bad habit of using the devo automake. It
is 1.4 with a few tweaks, some of which can sometimes have a dramatic
effect on how the output looks (but not its actual content, as I
recall -- mostly the differences are in line breaks).
For libgcj we generally use this hacked version:
I agree it is a bad situation. I'm working (somewhat) steadily on
1.5, in the hopes that it (or some proximate descendent) can be used