Re: crashes building on Darwin using GCC trunk

Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> On 13 May 2001, Geoff Keating wrote:
> > I will mention that the regression tester checks out the trunk,
> > not any branch, on its web page.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to change that (and focus on the current release
> branch before any major release) instead?

The aim of the tester is to make development easier by helping to
ensure that the tree at least builds.  Since development takes place
on the trunk, not the release branch, the tester tests the trunk.

It might be a good idea to set up another tester for the branch,
running on donated hardware.  If there's interest, we could do this for 3.1.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>