Re: gcc_update bug

> From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
> Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:19:34 -0700

> One fix is to touch all the files, unconditionally, with a one second
> wait between them.  That will take a while, but it will be correct.  I
> implemented that and it's not very painful to wait through.
>
> Using `make' would be another option, possibly via a little here
> document in gcc_update.
>
> I'm not sure what other solutions might be possible.

I don't recall seeing it mentioned, so on the off-chance that it
would make sense: wouldn't "cat /dev/null >> file_to_touch" do
TRT as a touch-replacement that doesn't change the file?  If it
does, it might make up for the seconds it took to read this. :-)

Cheers.  It's just one more hill. ;-)

brgds, H-P