Re: branch bootstrap failure: exception_support.cc

Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 02:58:48PM -0500, Robert Lipe wrote:
> > make[4]: *** No rule to make target `exception_support.cc',
> > needed by `exception_support.lo'.  Stop.
>
> You may need to start from a fresh build tree.  This file
> was removed, and it appears your makefile didn't update.

The timestamps in objdir/libsupc++/Makefile does indicate it was modified
a few moments after the one in srcdir/... but the contents don't fill
me with confidence that it was really regenerated.   Sure enough, rerunning
configure in *v3/ returned it to the previous form of breakage.  Since I
had two tree that both exhibited this same problem, doesn't this indicate
some missing dependency or something?   After all, _my_ configuration
didn't change...

As painful as v3's configure process is, it's true that I rely
on contrib_update and dependencies to DTRT.

Thanx,
RJL